February 15th, 2018
It is common knowledge that we are supposed to brush at least twice a day. Well, according to dentists, we are supposed to brush even longer if we eat the foods below.
– Bread and dried fruits get stuck in teeth, generating plaque and bacteria that cause cavities.
– Soda and candy contain a lot of sugar which facilitates harmful bacteria.
– Alcohol causes dry mouth and contains acid which erodes the enamel.
Wait for at least 30 minutes before brushing and see your dentist regularly for checkups and professional cleaning.
Read more here:
Spend Some Extra Time Brushing After Eating These Foods
February 12th, 2018
Too much of a good thing is not always good for you and this applies to brushing and flossing teeth which are both vital to good dental care but can be overdone. Tooth enamel can be damaged by too much brushing while gums are also susceptible to damage by over flossing.
A good dentist will offer advice but the basic rules for good dental care are:
– Brush teeth twice daily
– Use a soft-bristled brush
– Floss gently once a day
This is the accepted regimen for healthy teeth as it is possible to “clean them too much” and further information can be found at https://yourdentalhealthresource.com/is-it-possible-to-brush-floss-and-clean-your-teeth-too-often/.
February 5th, 2018
While natural remedies for cleaning the teeth and gums may be trending, many doctors believe that they could do more harm than good.
Which practices should you curtail in order to avoid dental problems?
– Fluoride-free toothpastes will not protect teeth from decay.
– Frequently drinking hot water and lemon will erode enamel and harm your teeth.
– There is no proof that “oil pulling” has any positive impact upon oral hygiene.
”In terms of brushing your teeth with charcoal or apple cider vinegar, both Dr. Atkins and Dr. Eskander add the ‘natural remedies’ could do more harm than good.”
February 1st, 2018
Only a dentist will determine if a cavity is present in your teeth. Still, there are some natural solutions which can provide temporary relief from minor pain and discomfort.
What are three amazing remedies?
– A cold pack can reduce swelling and decrease pain within 20 minutes.
– Certain recommended painkillers will offer relief, but these should not be taken by children.
– A salt water solution can promote healing while reducing any associated inflammation.
”A few drops of peppermint oil on a cotton ball can also be placed against the affected tooth as a temporary remedy.”
January 30th, 2018
While veneers can be an excellent solution for cracked or damaged teeth, many patients are concerned that they will experience pain and sensitivity. Let’s take a look at what the experts have to say.
– Most individuals will experience a little sensitivity initially.
– Speak with a dentist if this sensitivity continues for more than 12 weeks.
– There are instances when veneers will actually decrease sensitivity thanks to their protective nature.
”To discover if veneers could be the smile solution you’ve been looking for, schedule an appointment with your dentist today!”
Do Dental Veneers Increase Tooth Sensitivity?
January 25th, 2018
If you have an overbite – where your upper teeth cover the lower ones – you may need to check it is not creating problems.
– An overbite can cause jaw pain, especially when chewing.
– Enamel wears out more quickly if your teeth rub.
– If your overbite causes your teeth to hit the gum it increases the risk of gum disease.
Braces are one way of correcting an overbite. Talk to your dentist if you need more information.
“The only way to properly and permanently correct an overbite is with professional treatment.”
Full article here:
Top Oral Health Problems Caused by Overbites
January 23rd, 2018
Are you ashamed to smile in public due to discolourated or missing teeth? Have your pearly whites lost their lustre over time?
If so, you can speak to your dentist about a number of interesting options. Let us take a quick look at three methods which are becoming increasingly popular due to their cost and convenience.
– Dental veneers are bonded to teeth to cover issues such as a crack or discoloured enamel.
– Snap-on-teeth are non-permanent fixtures which improve your smile.
– Some types of dental implants can be installed in only one session.
“For people who qualify, you can get dental implants in just one appointment.”
January 18th, 2018
Fillings are intended to “fill in” the gap left by a cavity. However, a cavity can form underneath the filling for various reasons.
– Damaged Filling: Cracks and other damage can occur over time.
– Bad Seal: If the filling was badly sealed, there will be gaps for bacteria to populate.
– Tooth Grinding: Grinding the teeth can wear down fillings and create gaps.
It is a fact that “fillings need to be replaced eventually” and they should be checked at regular intervals by your dentist for signs of damage. Taking good care of your teeth is vital in avoiding cavities and fillings and you can read more at https://yourdentalhealthresource.com/can-i-get-cavities-under-a-filling/.
January 15th, 2018
It’s important to keep your tooth enamel as strong as possible to minimize damage and decay.
– Your enamel can be strengthened by ensuring you’re consuming sufficient nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D (milk and cheese) and eating plenty of fruit and veggies.
– You can prevent damage to your enamel by reducing your sugar intake and rinsing your teeth with water after consuming sugary food or drinks
– Your dentist can keep an eye on your enamel at regular checkups and advise accordingly
“In addition to all these things, you should brush twice a day and don’t forget to floss!”
Read the full story here: https://yourdentalhealthresource.com/what-can-i-do-to-strengthen-my-tooth-enamel/